Small Town is Where "It's" At

Whatever "It" is, I'll take it and then some.  Growing up in Woodstock, I tried for years to come up with reasons not to like our town. The only thing that I could come up with was my parents and since I was a spoiled rotten ingrateful teenage girl, I couldn't see that they were giving me what I now deem to be one of the best places in Virginia to not only live, but to raise some pretty amazing little tykes.

This weekend I stayed put in our quaint little town and was reminded all the reason I love it so much and can't pull myself from here.

The Cafe. Hands down my second home away from home. I don't even think that the boys and I have a picture in front of our house, but thanks to Ahma and Granddaddy, we do have one of us painted in front of the cafe. I love that I can pull up to meet mom for coffee and see the best pharmacist, might I add supermom extraordinaire, opening up her door to get the morning newspaper! I walk in and my coffee is ready and waiting without me saying anything. Now that is what I call service with a smile!


I love that I can go to the post office and run into this precious bundle of joy!



Friday night sky light

When I think of Spring, off the top of my head I think of Flowers blooming, fresh cut grass (sorry Pop, slight bone of contention right now), and Farmers Markets. I love being able to go and see friends pulling their little ones in wagons while the kids eat Kettle Corn. Or being able to get some tomato plants and this year, a blueberry plant

And last, Friends. Great friends that share good times and unforgettable memories. This weekend Apple Blossom kicked off with the Bloomin Wine Festival and the girls and I headed up to take part in the festivities and hear a local favorite band play outdoors.



Comments

Popular Posts