Happy Halvies!

Tripp, Happy Half Birthday.
At 6 1/2 you have become my greatest challenge in life. Now some may read that and think that is a negative comment, but it couldn't come from a more positive thought, breath, or dream for you. You see, I still want to hold on to you as if you were still on training wheels, or help across the monkey bars, or even help with words that I would think you would never pronounce correctly while reading, but just like when you were nine months and nine days old, you showed me you were going to be walking without mommy's hand, you are walking through your 6's without my help. And that is a very hard job for me to let the one that made me a mommy, my first born, the big bro, to experience all this world has to offer. It is true statement that a son will only hold your hand for awhile, but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.

You breeze through your homework just to play outside with Bax, yet you come home with straight A's and 100% displayed on the top of your tests with a sparkling sticker!! Oh you make me so proud!! Even your teacher, Mrs. Thompson has told me, "His behavior is so puzzling, but he gets it!" Tell me about it!!

Your athletic abilities and coordination is stellar. With these talent you will go far in your life and your father and I agreed even while you were doing backflips in my tummy, that we didn't care what sport you played, we just hoped you would have a passion and we would be your biggest cheerleaders in life cheering you on every step of the way. So far, it seems as if you love every sport and that includes not only playing, but watching as well as you have recently acquired the term Sportscenter into your vocabulary.

You never give up or never give in. Going 100% till the end, but when you crash, you crash hard. Your head hits the pillow and you are O-U-T. You are giving me a glimpse of what I can presume you are going to be like at 16 1/2. A late sleeper. Yes, you love to sleep in and you are a bit of a zombie when you finally come to morning existence!! .




At 6 1/2 you are the man of the house. You check the doors to make sure they are locked. You are now reading the bedtime story. You sometimes even hop out of bed and come tuck me in and kiss me goodnight. I am so proud of you and I am more than blessed to have you as my son. My oldest son.
Here you are asleep. Curled up with the same "nigh-nighy" that you have had from day #1. I never thought it would still be around on day # 2,374.

Happy Halvies T-Bone. I love you to the moon and back!

Comments

Popular Posts