Beach Boys Make a Come Back

My Beach Boys are home! And if one did not have a pale complex before today while working in a few college towns with extremely tan young women, I now have one from my two boys sporting their summer olive skin a month early. However, the smell of sunscreen when I hug and kiss them does the olfactory senses good!

I was informed during our evening conversations that the boys are now "cross" brothers. So during my travels, I scooped some stixs for the bros.

The boys lost some and gained some while they were gone. Tripp lost his tooth and the very generous tooth fairy left him a whopping $5 for the sugary exchange. Bax on the other hand looks and feels like he has eaten his way through Ocean Isle in addition to being taller. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but his baby looks are changing with the season into a young boy.









During dinner the boys ran around the back yard snatching "flowers" for me. I gave them a challenge who could find the most. Yea, so we have more weeds than we have flowers. But I kinda dig that my yard bleeds yellow and gold every spring, yelling, "JMU! JMU!"




Even I put on the ever so stylish Lowe's apron to put together a project!

It's 8 o'clock. The clothes are laid out for tomorrow morning, bookbags packed, and well...that's about it. This past week was about relaxing and recharging and that's exactly what we all did! I've got a few surprises up my sleeve that will be revealed over the next couple of weeks. April is a big month in our family and even though it's half way through, the fun has only begun. Half birthdays for the boys, Camden's 1st birthday, Auntie Catherine's, many family members birthdays including Pop-Pops, the impending birth of baby Nichols #2, Cat & David's and mom & dad's anniversary, and more.

One little surprise was waiting for us in the mailbox...



Spring has Sprung!!

Comments

Popular Posts