Life is too short not to celebrate every single day.

The sayings, life is too short, certainly was not said by someone sitting in road work on Afton Mountain with limited cell phone coverage. This afternoon while trying to get home, even after getting stuck in the traffic last week, I took a chance that I would miss the closure and went home via 64 west bound. While sitting on the interstate, windows rolled down, sunroof open, most likely Mumford & Sons, Avetts, or O.C.M.S. was streaming through the speakers, the proud passenger of the log truck that was emitting some pretty potent diesel fumes, looked down in the car and said, "Great picture." I had to give a smile, forget the diesel fuel poisoning and say, "Yes, yes it is. My little man drew it for me. The one that I'm trying to get home to."


But tonight I had plans that included more than three in attendance. A celebration. Thursday night is, date night in our family. We typically give the stove and dishwasher and my "un" delicate hands a break and head to the cafe for dinner. But not tonight. Mom and Dad spent a few days at the Greenbrier for their anniversary and were home. And being that the boys are headed to daddy's tomorrow, we had an anniverary celebration at Casa de Paynter.

Let's not forget that Tripp (and I will go ahead and take the award and send Tripp on a field trip in my honor) was recognized as one of the highest in the school for his Box Tops efforts and is headed to a special field trip on Monday, it was one more thing to celebrate tonight. Come on, I recycle my recyclables. You know I'm going to be of those Box top collectors for the school!!

Box Toppers!!

A Girl with her grill. First grill of the season.



Yes, that is Bax dancing in the background. Granddaddy asked the question,
 "What exactly is Gangnam Style?"
Whooooaa Granddaddy...do you have any clue what you just opened up? Let the singing and dancing commence. Bax proceeded to sing, "Ehhh, sexy lady..." then jump in with a mouth full of corn from Tripp, "Oooh, Oooh, Oooh...."
Thank you for the serenade over dinner, My Fresh Prince & DJ Trippy Fresh!

And last, what is a celebration without cake?!
Becaues life in our book is too short...

Not too have your cake and eat it too

Or...
Take a moment to say goodnight to the man & the moon.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad...to the moon and back.

Comments

Popular Posts