Pretty in Pink

Avery Gwen had three things on her agenda yesterday:

1) The world (or at least the streets of Watertown, Mass) were safe and that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was in custody.

2) She shows her mother that while the rest of her life she will give her a struggle, anything will be possible through love and determination. Jamie, I am so proud of you. You had it in your birth plan to give a VBAC 100% effort and by God you did it!! I have this slight intuition that now that you are a mother of a beautiful daughter, this is not the last time you tell your daughter "Avery Gwen Nichols I'm am going to count to three and if you don't come out of here right now, I promise you, it is not going to be pretty!!"

3) And third, you made sure that Auntie Amy is not double booked for birthday parties the rest of my life. You had to make your arrival on the 19th so I can shower you with pink and bows and dresses and dolls on April 19th so I can wake up the next day and put on my blue and baseball cap and celebrate Camden on the 20th. For that calendar reminder, I am already grateful for you that you are looking out for me and my social calendar.


At 10:30 last night I got this text: "Its a girl! Avery Gwen born at 9:33. 6 lb 10 oz. cannot wait for you to meet her!"

Praise The Lord!! Someone finally brought a girl to this party!! Jamie, Catherine, and I have been, and I hate to do it, but BFF's. Yes, the silly but true acronym, BEST FRIENDS forEVER!! We have been through everything this world has to offer us and I would never be here without them. I just wouldn't. In my phone, they are my "In case of emergency please call me." Between us, we have over 25 years of friendship, stories that will be kept in the vault, battle scars, pints of ice cream, boxes of Hot Tomales, and bottles of skinny girl cocktail with buckets of fried chicken. Six years ago the sprinkles starting topping off our amazing bond by adding four beautiful boys. So even though Bax is my pink loving, bow tie wearing, jewel picking out boy, "we leave those things at home and in your closet, buddy," we now have flair and sass and a fourth to add to the mani/pedi appointment request!

Tonight, for the third time (Greg and I lived too far away when I was in the hospital) two of us joined our third in our triad at the hospital. She is absolutely beautiful,!! I love her already and it is my promise to her that I will do anything in my power to keep her safe. Oh, and Avery you name the time as the place. If some chic is picking on you or some boy has broken your heart on the playground, I am there!! Ain't nobody gonna mess with my niece!




Perfect nails for "Perfectly Pink" polish!

The boys weren't the only ones who got something when we went shopping!
I couldn't resist when I saw this outfit.


I had to laugh at Cat's comment tonight when we were getting Mike to take our picture. As we had to get situated just right for the camera, Cat said, "This is just what we do. This is our shot." I wish that I had been more organized with my pics and I'm sure I could go back to the albums at mom & dads, but I had to go back and look at some of "our shots" that we have taken over the years.

High School Graduation

2006
I went down to see Cat in Wilmington two weeks before Tripp arrived

Rylan's Birthday, June 2011

Cat's Shower, 2012

Two weeks ago at Jamie's sprinkle

We finally got our girl!!

Comments

Popular Posts