Dapper vs. Daring

I often think about what it would be like if I was raising a boy and a girl, twin boys, 3 kids, 5 kids, or any of the above combinations. There is always going to be that question, "What if?"

This morning, that question was asked. As I rounded the corner to head out the door, this is Tripp.



"Well, hellooooo there son of mine. You must have missed the memo. It is Friday. Not Saturday. WHAT are you wearing?"

With the warmer weather Bax asked me this morning if he could wear shorts to school. "Sure, have at it buddy. But watch the knees when you slide tackle."

So when Tripp saw his younger bro wearing his summer wardrobe, he took it upon himself to also wear a mixture of what looks like his pajamas and gym clothes.

Act quick Amy. Act quick. So I picked up the phone, snapped a pic, and started dialing.

I called upon my stunt man Dr. Fauvier. Dr. Fauvier (or as the boys have called him for years, Dr. Father) is the principal at Valley. You DO NOT want to go to Docs office as being of a private school and one that is also built upon the foundation of the words of the bible, he does not "spare the rod." Yes, the children have heard the rumors of the big bad (sweetest most loving man you will ever meet) scary moments behind his closed door when a student has gone to the docs office after three warnings.

Ring...ring...
Stunt man: "Hello"
Semi irate, under caffeinated, I've got too many appts this morning to deal with this mother: "Ummm, Good morning, Dr. Fauvier, this is Tripp's mom, Amy. I am just calling to let you know that Tripp has decided that he wants to spend the day with his brother in the Pre-K class because be wants to wear shorts."
Pause...pause...shaking head up and down with the occasional, "Yes," "Ok, sure," "uh huh, thank you. I will let him know. Have a fabulous day Dr. Fauvier. Buuuh bye!"

I turn to my 6 1/2 year old who is just looking at me with his jaw dropped, "oh my Gosh my mother just called the MAN" look and I said, "All right bud, it's all set. You'll be spending the day with the 3's today. Finish up your breakfast and grab your blanket because you will be taking a nap today." And walked away!

Upset, sad because his plan backfired: "But I don't want to go to the 3's class. Why can't I go to the Pre-K class with Baxter?"

"Well buddy, you see Baxter's class is actually doing their lessons today and have graduation practice and since you have already finished Pre-K you have to go to the 3's class. But you get to wear your shorts and that's what you wanted, right?"

Slight tear forming in the corner of his eye, lip quivering just a little, "But why can't I watch the graduation practice?"

Que the 4 year old. SOMEONE QUE THE 4 YEAR OLD. "Yea, mommy. He can!! He weally, weally can. And so-can-YOU!" (And disappear)

Mother who is now being tag teamed by her boys: "Actually, he can't. You see, Tripp has already gone through graduating from Pre-K and when you graduate you don't go back. And since never had an official ceremony and graduation from the 3's class, Dr. Fauvier said you would be able to spend the day with the 3's." Scoooooooore and the crowd goes wild!!!

With that, Tripp walked straight back to his room.

As I dropped him off we were all smiles and properly dressed!


Comments

Popular Posts