Sabbatical

Well folks, the time has come for me to take a sabbatical to the Paynter Family blog. Over the past seven months, for various reasons, the blog has become an avenue to document our lives. That's pretty much what a blog is, right? However, in doing so, I have begun to live life through a camera lens, dates, and not living in the moment.  The camera will still be along for the ride, but I am going to focus on holding them, holding their hands, while they still let me, and not a camera.

What are we going to do for the summer? Tonight, "Thursday night date night" in our house, we skipped the cafe and opted for dinner poolside. The boys brought along the strawberries they picked from their field trip today to Great Country Farms as dessert.


What is the momma going to do for the next three months? Well, that is still TBD. I've been told there is this thing called a television and Netflix and I have been challenged to watch a series of my choice. My goal is to learn to live, learn to "perform without a net." 'Free Fallin'' as Petty would say. I've been looking at a jar of mayonnaise for some time now and a box of golf balls and I figured I could start there and see what happens. The call into a golf pro has already been made in an attempt at those lessons one more time. I have a doc who is retiring and has offered to give me flying lessons and a work trip to Miami and Denmark is scheduled. I've looked into a fall marathon to train for and I've got a sweet 4th planned. You didn't expect me to relax or sit now, did you?! I'm not sure that will ever happen. I'm a big kid at heart, so if all else fails I can chase the hot air balloon, attempt to find the end of the rainbow, or take a day off and spend it at an amusement park!

I will miss sharing the one line wonders that escapes the mouths of the boys. Just tonight two slipped out. Tripp asked me if Magic Mike was a superhero or if he was like Mike the Knight. How does a mother answer that? "Well, buddy, Magic Mike was somewhat of a superhero to many women at one time, but he is no longer saving the day or night for that matter." And Bax came running up to me at the pool, "Mommy, Mommy, when you played football in college, what color was your helmet?" All I could do was laugh, kiss him, and say "Buddy, I love you so much that you think your mother could play football. But if I did, my answer would have to be pink. A pink helmet!" As he ran away with a bite of pizza in his mouth, you could hear, "Yes! I knew it!"

I will leave you all with one last pic to "grow on."  The boys not only came home with strawberries today from the farm, they also came home with sunflower seeds to grow. That is exactly what we all will do over the summer. Grow.

To all our friends and family, have a safe and adventurous summer. As I sit here and listen to the familiar sound of the fridge, I look above and see my friend, the robin. Above that boasts a plaque that has been a favorite motto of mine for quite some time, so I will bid you all to LIVE WELL~LAUGH OFTEN~LOVE MUCH.

Onward,
AP

Comments

Popular Posts