Mother Nature, "May" I...

...enjoy this incredibly gorgeous spring day that you have laid out across the Valley to enjoy?

Spring in the valley...doesn't get much better. That is, until the Fall when the trees bleed the beautiful colors of maroon and orange!

I am beyond fortunate to not only work for a great company, with blockbuster products, and I get to work alongside a supportive work family, but they have also been so kind to give me a mobile office with multiple windows so I get to enjoy between 150-300 miles of the stunning views and scenery every single day.

I do need to give my sincere thanks to VDOT, for sending me on a detour today from Charlottesville all the way to Broadway and then ultimately, home.
Through the shots, they will take you from Crozet to Churchville to Harrisonburg and then home.

A "gem" on Route 250


If they had this in different colors, it would have been mine!

Yes my friends, this is a field of pigs. And one of them was almost mine. As a child, I wanted a pet pig more than anything...even that tennis bracelet that I lost in the yard while doing cartwheels. Pigs were so much cooler than a tennis bracelet! However, growing up on a farm with pigs, my bargaining skills were never successful. Today, while taking in the scenery the field of pigs appeared and yes, I stopped. I stopped on a single lane road, looked at the pigs, looked at the car, and had a couple of thoughts.
1) Pigs outdoors with a trailer as their barn? Hmmm, interesting.
2) If I ditch the cooler, I can still get boys, and then I can sell the idea of an Apis Boar.
3) Maybe mom was right. They really are dirty.
So I snapped, gave a grand adios oink, and onward.





Some how Tripp's nickname has acquired many nicknames on top of it. The one that he would say is his favorite is, T-Bone. This is one sign that I could say that he is, T-Bone Tooter! What can I say, the boy loves his brussel sprouts!
I took Route 42 from Churchville to Harrisonburg to see the quad where I had once spent many spring afternoons!

Kline's. A staple, a must, a landmark in Harrisonburg. I had not been since last Fall and typically I would be cheating on the boys if I had Kline's without them. It was already past five, so snapped, scooped (pun intended) and set sail to my little men.

These men!






Tripp's "Lady in Red"


Bax, your future is so bright!

Happy May Days Everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts