The Graduate and the Graduated

As I jumped out of bed this morning eager to make my Sam I Am's their Green Eggs & Ham, I had no idea that I too was going to be having my very own graduation ceremony of sorts at the end of the day.

The morning was smooth sailing. What better way to start Graduation day than with Green Eggs & Ham?!

"Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say."



I officially gave Baxter, PP this morning so he could take it to school. I asked the brave question, "I know you wanted Gracie to be the first one to sign, but would you allow me to do the honors of be the first to sign?" Instant "YES" from the graduate.

As I finished getting ready, I poked my head out my bedroom door to see him sitting on the floor, writing the most precious sentence. "I 'Heart' U MOM."


As I got in the car, I did my seat belt check and these blue eyes are staring back at me.
"Come on, Mommy. Go!!"
Ok, Master GQ. Let's Go!
Look at those baby blues. Killing me softly, buddy.


Fast forward six hours and there was a completely different picture. If I have not been tested enough the past 6 1/2 years with raising children in daycare, today, on my very last day of being a parent of a preschooler, I was being given my final exam. Bax had a raging fever of 103 and this picture was taken after our second emergency pull-off of 81 for little man to get sick. Add on the notification that my fuel level was low. I did a double check in the rear view mirror, wiped my high heels off with a wipe, asked Tripp if he would be my wing man, and off we went to Winchester to the peds office. But not without stopping at the next exit at 7-11 for a ginger ale, three tootsie pops, and petro. 

By the time we got to the office, Bax was looking like this. We had changed his clothes at home into more comfy clothes for the drive and I'm glad we did because I carried him into the office without any clothes on. He had gotten sick all over himself. However, he was all smiles while waiting for the doc. You would have had no clue that he was sick from the looks of this picture.

Diagnosis: nasty gastro bug that is going around. Two stickers, three scripts of Zofran for yes, all three of us, and a high five for good luck.

At nine o'clock, I am happy to announce that we have one preschool graduate who requested pizza for dinner. Two slices down (and have stayed down), three chocolate covered strawberries, and one frozen popcicle (Pedialyte that is) he is down for the count and in Kindergarten dreamland.











We now have one preschool graduate and I have officially graduated from surving daycare and Preschool years. As my extra credit, I will have my graduation cupcake and I will eat it too!

Comments

Popular Posts