"What's his name?"






Who doesn't love a baby? And if you're a woman, whether you are a mother or not, you can't help but see a baby and smile. I remember in the early months with Tripp when I would be at the mall, the grocery store, or anywhere getting those Aww stricken looks and people saying, "Aww, what's his name?" I would say, "His name is Tripp!" and would get some questioning looks and in return would hear, "That's interesting..." I would have to explain that Tripp was/is short for the third and that his name was in fact Gregory Putnam Paynter the Third. This time around I'm getting the same remarks and questions, "Aww, what's his name?" to which I proudly respond, "Baxter." This time around I get the eyebrows raised and an exclaimed "Wow, what a prestigious name. A name like that rings power, like a CEO or doctor/lawyer." I don't know about that, he's still the gene makeup of Greg and myself so we can only pray. I'm so glad that Greg and I have been able to not only honor Greg's father, the boys Pop-Pop, by naming Tripp after him, but also to have named Baxter Bryant after both of our maternal grandmother's maiden names. I'll be the first to admit that I was hoping for a girl when we got pregnant, but like I have said in previous posts, it was love at first scream for Baxter and I wouldn't want it any other way. I love my boys and their names more than anything and if it's meant to be, we'll welcome a Finley Catherine into the world one day and the questions, "What's her name?" but for now I will proudly say "T and B!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this picture of Baxter. He is just too cute!

Popular Posts