Reunited and It Tastes So Good!

I will be one of the first to admit that cooking for four and six year old boys is not my idea of culinary "fun." At times when I try to think outside the "bread box" I get "Ewwww, what is that smell?" or "How much do I have to try before I get dessert?" as I watch one or both of them strategically push everything green to the edge of the plate and then conveniently spill their milk all over the table and ultimately the food so they don't have to eat the gourmet grilled cheese sandwich with goat cheese, spinach, and tomato grilled to perfection with parmesan cheese on the outside. Yea...amazing for a thirty something, not so much for two that I have to buy slim fit chinos with reinforced knees! The weekend didn't allow for the opportunity for me to get reacquainted with my handy dandy skillet and when the whistle was blown at the pool for thunder, I had to give in to the multiple page grocery list,  because even I wanted more than just a bowl of cereal. 

Now I am not normally one that posts pics of food, recipes, or claim that I know what I am doing in the kitchen, but I do like to experiment. I had some local produce that needed to be consumed, and who doesn't love a BLT?!? Fifteen minutes later, Voila!! A summertime BLT sandwiched between two corn pancakes fit for kings that loved it! 

The boys know the rules that if they want dessert, they must eat their dinner and this momma keeps her word. After plates were licked clean, there was a different kind of cake topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh peaches. 

Even though I feel as if I am being chased after by the rapidly approaching fall, I am going to miss the abundance that the fruit stands have this summer. So for at least a meal (give or take a meal and a half with leftovers), I have found my way back in the swing of things. Momma is baaaaaaaaaaaack!!

And, for your viewing pleasure, a video explaining why a certain four year old consistently refuses the meal placed in front of him at the dinner table. He often hangs out in the clubhouse with the lifeguards and comes back to my side with proof caked on his sweet cheeks that he has eaten something. When I attempted to tickle the answer out of him, he had no choice than to tell his momma! Enjoy...he did.

Comments

Popular Posts