Velkommen Hjem from Kobenhaven

Well folks, I made it and then some. NNI and Copenhagen delivered a week of activities and memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Monday morning, five hours into the eight hour flight, i raised my blind and this was the view of the horizon. 

We landed around 1 pm DK time and immediately started preparing for the weeks first event. A night at Tivoli Gardens. It truly is a fairy tale experience for all.


Alina, is a coworker turned friend from Sanofi that made the move over to Novo two months after I did last year. 

I tried (and loved) the Danish licorice ice cream while sitting in the center of the park watching people enjoy the rides, share a bottle of wine on a blanket, have a pilsner in the biergarten, listen to an outdoor concert or simply take in the magic of the night. 


There was a hot air balloon theme throughout the park and at one point one appeared during the evening.


The following night we had dinner at Wallmans which offered over three hours of tasting the cuisine as well as quite the entertainment. 


The Harrisonburg Team. Steve, Steve, Amy, and Steven. No joke. My work "husbands" make it easy for me to remember their names!




Wednesday evening we walked throughout the City Center where we took a boat tour of the canal. The weather was like fall day in Virginia. Absolutely perfect.


Statue of the Little Mermaid
While having dinner in a local cafe, I was able to see the sun setting from a window seat.

From walking the city center while eating a scoop of gelato, to sipping on an Irish coffee on a canal tour, to taking a rickshaw taxi through the streets, to sitting at an outdoor cafe with co-workers that will be lifelong friends, Copenhagen provided the perfect setting for us to recharge for the final quarter of 2013 and remind us how fortunate we are to work for such an outstanding company.


CVD...Dynamite. Thursday we took a bus ride to the production plant to see how and where the insulin is made.

The last night in Copenhagen was spent occupying a table under the awning at Ravage. My seat had this view while making the perfect ending to an incredible week. 


Thirteen months ago I was nervous to make a change for our family. The statement, "Get ready for the best years of your life to begin" enabled me to trust that this company was where I needed to be.

"Velkommen hjem"

Comments

Popular Posts