The Art of Juggling

Parenting. I'm not sure I did that this week. Juggled and dropped the balls numerous times is more like what the spectator would have called it. I cannot tell a lie, this week rocked my world. It makes me a bit nervous considering this was not even a full week and we haven't even had our first real homework assignment yet. Adding one more to school and two in soccer, and two mornings with I-81 shut down was not my idea of a smooth transition. I may be bringing out the crockpot sooner than expected or updating my takeout menus.

Yet look at the smiles on their faces. These two are worth it and more.  The boys are thriving. Their fundraiser...not so much. If anyone needs holiday wrapping paper, I know two boys that can sell you some!

Last night we had our first night of soccer practice. Tripp's U8 team had the organized, forty-five minute, thorough drill, play-by-play practice coached by a veteran father/coach.

I, the newest U6 coach, show up with gift bags for my little players, because that's what I know how to do. Gift bags...man do I have a thing or two to learn about coaching soccer. While Tripp had his practice, I set up shop nearby for a little meet n greet with the other parents for Baxter's team. About ten minutes into practice, I feel 42 raging pounds slam into me and wrap his skinny little arms around me. "I love you, Mommy." It was the first time I took a breath all week long. Thank you, T for giving me everything I need at the exact time I need it most.




From the sky, to the temperature, to watching Tripp do what he loves most, the rest of the practice was spent taking in how perfect the night was. 


What a stud!


Bax found a friend from school and spent practice on the playground. Shocker!

Thursday night would not be complete without calling it date night in our house. Historically it's our night together so after practice we headed down to the cafe for dinner, drinks, and a darn good time with friends.

After we got home I was already starting a load of laundry, going through bookbags, logging on to the computer, and juggling some other things. Boys changed and as I walked through the living room this was my sight for tired eyes. Baxter wearing my name badge from my trip last week asleep on the floor. I haven't seen the toys that I got them from Copenhagen in awhile that I could have easily purchased at a Dollar Tree, yet had my debit card temporarily suspended due to irregular activity, but I had to get something from Denmark. However, you can see, he proves to me once again he is a simple man. I won't get the mother of the week or even the mother of the year award, I will drop a few (ok, a lot) balls during my performance, but we are going to have fun...and survive while juggling!



Comments

Popular Posts