Twas the Night Before Christmas...Eve

when all through the house, EVERY creature was stirring, most likely even a mouse!
The stockings were lucky to be even hung by the chimney and the children...the children bouncing all around the house with the excitement that Santa Claus would be here soon to taste the cookies!
And literally, as I was putting them down to read, "The Night Before Christmas" we rose out of bed to the sound of the Woodstock Fire Department driving by with Santa on the truck to say Merry Christmas. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect time!! Take #2 of getting two excited little boys to sleep.

Letters written, cookies made (ok, partially edible, mostly burnt, but they are made), carrots and popcorn (don't ask, boys said Reindeer liked popcorn when it was between microwave popcorn and almonds), and stockings hung. Jake will be hopping in Santa's sleigh tonight after Santa's big delivery and I will need to call upon the tooth fairy, cupid, the Easter Bunny whoever or whatever for my support "staff" around the house!

Now I am off to put my Santa badge on and to deliver the toys to two little boys.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."




I love kids and their honesty. Even though the boys were given cookies in addtion to setting them out for Santa, Bax still wrote, "Can I have a cookie"


Tripp has just taken off with his reading in just the past four months. Tonight was the first night we picked up the book and he was jumping at the bit to be the one to read. And no, I don't always have the video camera in hand while reading, just moments when I'm really stinkin proud...which tends to be often!

Comments

Popular Posts