Let's Go JMU...Let's Go!

Tonight, the boys and I headed to the Convocation Center for a healthy dose of men's college basketball. I didn't tell the boys where we were going, just set the kitchen alarm for 6 pm and said when it went off they better be done with their dinner, finished with their homework, and ready to go and have some fun! When we stopped at the ATM briefly before arriving at our destination, I handed the boys both a bag each. As they opened it, they were stoked to see their new digs for the game.







As we drove home the boys did their normal brotherly bickering back and forth to one another. A good friend of mine was able to score some goodies for the boys and I listened to their negotiating skills for who got what shirt and who got which bobble head. But as I close up the house and ultimately another day in the everyday lives of T & B, there is no more bickering. As I stand over these boys and remove the balls from under the covers, the only thing I can hear is the steady rhythm of their breaths. All this mother of two little guys can do is laugh and shake my head looking at Tripp cuddled up so close to Baxter in his brothers bed as opposed to being in his bed in his own room. They love each other. They receive love. They give love. They ARE love. Wednesday, December 5th...done. And you can put a W up because the Dukes Won! Go JMU!

Comments

Popular Posts