Close Call

Saturday morning cartoons...check. Saturday morning spin class...check. Coffee and bagel date with my little men...check. Costco run...check. Ah ha, December 1st, visit with Santa? Coming right up! Even though we saw Santa briefly last night after the parade, why not go see him again? Because honestly, how many more years of this innocence do I really have left? As I pull into Creekside I hear the grumbles, "Loft? Do we really have to go to Loft today?" I just laughed and said, "No Loft today, but I got word from Jacob (our Elf on the Shelf) that Santa was in town today and thought maybe you two would like to see him. But we can go home, it's ok." Simultaneous, "Nooooooo, we want to see Santa!!" So off we went. As the boys stood in line, Tripp says to me, "Why do all the Santa's look different?"

As I stumbled over my "Ummm," "Ahhhhh," "Hmmmm," "Well, buddy, the real Santa is so busy at the North Pole preparing for his big trip on Christmas Eve to deliver all the presents to all the good boys and girls, that he has asked all his cousins to fill in for him making sure he knows everything that you and Baxter want for Christmas." Where in the world did I pull that one from? Luckily, we were up next in line and it was a good enough answer and the distraction of being next got me off the hook this one time. Shew! However, the visit scored another pic for the 2012 photobook.

Yes my friends, that does read BROOM. And no, I did not ask him to write that. In fact, two years ago Baxter received a mini version of my Dyson from Santa. Tripp may look just like me, however, Baxter's love for cleaning and organizing is in line like his momma. 

Comments

Popular Posts