Everybody Needs A Little Time Away

In the blink of an eye it has already been a little more than four months since we transitioned to being official C'villians and starting fresh in a new school. With the warmer weather and the flowers in bloom, I thought "What better way than to celebrate Spring and new beginnings than a mini get away?"

After a Friday night of dancing under the pavilion, eating chicken pops and BBQ from food trucks and playing with friends at Fridays After Five, we headed east towards...



Look at those expressions



The boys made their way all around the park. Last year Bax and I watched Tripp stand in line for the wave pool to surf. This year, little bro was right beside him. The line to wait was at least 20 minutes and well worth every second. Tripp stepped up and got on the board and the wave blew the board right out from underneath of him and pushed him right back up. The lifeguard let him have one more shot at it and he lasted :08 seconds of board time.



Bax surprised Tripp and I with his nonchalant, carefree attitude as I was ready to jump in to save at the first sign. The video only shows :54 seconds of the 1:22 seconds that he lasted before the lifeguards were about to blow the whistle to let the next wanna-be surfer give the wave a try. Check out the little surfer boy!



We built up an appetite and the kings bellied up to an outdoor garden table at Kings Arm Tavern by the recommendation of my boss that knows all too well what little boys want and need after a day at the waterpark.


Tripp ordered up the prime rib with mashed potatoes. 


The setting and weather was nothing short of amazing. 


As the sun set, this was one of my early mothers gifts...

We headed back to the lodge where the boys met up with some friends that they met and played the Magical Quest game throughout the property.

The next morning they headed back to the pool to burn off more of the bottomless energy supply as I ordered up another triple shot of espresso.

They played hard with their new friends. When it was time to leave they gave me four very pruned thumbs up!

As we checked out, they finished up the end of their Magical Quest.



We spent the afternoon strolling around the Duke of Gloucester Street in Colonial Williamsburg. 



As I walked into a jewelry store, I turned around to see this beautiful sight. Boy did I get lucky. 


We walked from one end of the capital down to the Merchant Square where we were serendaded by part of the VA Symphony playing while we had lunch from the Cheese Shop.

As I looked in the rear view mirror at Williamsburg and then my two sound asleep little princes, I couldn't help anticipate our next mini getaway together.

Comments

Popular Posts