Memorial Day Weekend, Hon...Aaarrrrrrgh!!

The Paynters spent the majority of the weekend in Baltimore. Not by choice as the traffic threw everyone and our plans for a loop. 

Sunday afternoon the boys got to spend the afternoon watching the Os receive a W against the Indians and then I got to see my boys receive a W against some urban pirates. 

We took a sunset tour around the inner harbor. 


This sight to a mothers eyes is worth every whine, meltdown, and tattletale. As they waited for the boat, they put their arms around each other unprovoked. 





This was the last picture I snapped (unfiltered might I add) before my phone took it's last breath. There were so many more moments I wanted to capture to remember the evening, but I'm hoping the boys will remember and remind me in the near and distant future. 

The adventure concluded at 8:30 and we were on a mission to fill our pirate bellies with an outdoor seating venue. I got to stroll down the cobblestone streets of Fella Point with little hands in mine hearing about their favorite part of the cruise. "Firing the canons," "Rescuing the treasure," "All hands on deck limbo!" It went on and on until we settle on the Lebanese Taverna. 

We sat outside and shared stories of the last four Memorial Day weekends we have had while we shared the different samplings of the tastes of Lebanon.

Of course, when you promise ice cream to young eaters that clean their plates of baba ganoush and kibbeh, one must deliver. We topped off the night with a scoop of Haggen Dazs before their heads hit the pillows. 

Monday Morning, Memorial Day and this little boy has big dreams for his future! This was Bax at 6:30 am...


3:30 pm...

Go, Go Power Swimmers!

And 5:30 pm


While I fired up the grill and got dinner on the table, the boys were given one task to shower and lay their clothes out for school. One brother came down for burgers, the other did not. 5:30 pm and he was out! Memorial Day 2014, success!


Comments

Popular Posts