Highlights of the Weekend

Things that happen when there is a young child involved, can often be book worthy material, but in my case, it is definitely blog worthy. You simply cannot make up what happens even if you tried.

The boys always have random, couldn't have happened at a more inconvenient time, one line wonders that slip through the cracks, that stop me in my tracks, turn to look at them and say, "Really? Really? Did that just come from your mouth?"

Here is my safe place where I can share with all of you the laughter that holds our family together!

Saturday after our normal routine and since the weather was unseasonable cooler for July, we skipped the pool and packed a picnic lunch, grabbed the blanket and a few balls, and off to the park we went. After lunch the boys took off in their desired direction while I stayed back on the blanket to catch up on some reading. Baxter is awesome about checking in with a hug and kiss every two to three minutes and at one visit he asked why I had a pen and a marker (highlighter).

"Well, buddy, this book is for work not for pleasure. It's not like Charlotte's Web or a Dr. Seuss book and I'm just taking a few notes in the margin."

If I could read his mind, the look on his face said, 'What in the world did she just say, oh, I need to go find my friend.' Instead I got, "Ok, bye, Mommy" and off he went.

Fast forward about twenty minutes or so, the sky started to turn a darker shade of grey, and I knew that soon we would need to surrender to the rain and return home. I notice a woman walking towards me and she's smiling, letting me know that she is not a stranger and she is going to come talk to me. We share salutations and she says, "May I ask what you are reading?" Not a strange question as my girlfriends and I often share books worth reading when there is little time to read with little ones around, so I tell her the title. Her face too looked perplexed at first and then she laughed and proceeded to inform me that my dear, sweet four year old told her that "My mommy is reading a book that works her pleasure and she is coloring in it with pink margarine." I'm sure my face turned fifty shades of red, but simply told her if sales techniques was what she was looking for I had the book for her, however, I didn't think she wanted the recommendation and with the rain she said goodbye and took off for her tyke. 

The rain picked up and at the moment I saw the boys both spinning around in the rain and I thought, it really doesn't get much better than this. I put the basket, book, and blanket in the car and we proceeded to spin around in the rain together. It was pretty sweet.

He was filthy!!
I know he will kill me for this picture one day, but for now I appreciate the innocence of a legitimate farmers tan! It was a race back to the car and he didn't like his shorts wet. 

Fast forward a few hours, and I was getting ready before we headed out, I over hear them singing the words, "You don't know how it feels, yea, you don't know how it feels" over and over with some words mixed in between. I poked my head out of the bathroom and said, "I don't know how it feels to be, what?"  As they saw the grin on my face, double the smiles were reciprocated with a simultaneous, "MEEEE!! To be me!" That's right! 

We finally caught up with Ahma & Grandaddy for breakfast Sunday morning since the last time we said goodbye after the family picnic over home. The boys had lots to fill them in on the latest and greatest of T & B.  

Some weird things, like dropping in the middle of Costco to start doing push ups happened, in which I quickly put an end to, bodily noises are becoming more frequent, and cartoons in the morning have definitely been replaced by ESPN. I tried switching the station to MTV jams to get the cleaning done in which I noticed both boys staring at the half naked women on the screen in which I also quickly put an end to and went back to the NFL preseason updates. The weirdest of all had to be the request for deodorant. "Really? Really?!  Within 24 hours the deodorant had been applied over 24 times.  Moments like these I have to finally take ownership that I do in fact have BOYS and one day I will be begging them to at least apply the potion at least once every 24 days!

Boys...Will...Be...Boys! 
They got such a kick out of getting the tractor trailers to blow their horns, but I'm pretty sure I had the best view.  

These smiles are priceless!
Some say I pour on the fluff. I like to say I lay it on thick!



Comments

Popular Posts