Happy First Week of July

  




The boys and I had a great week to reunite, catch-up, playing hard, swimming harder, and "sleeping in"  more than I have in the past seven years. 

Every year I am reminded of the things that I love most about summer and now I get to share those very things with the ones that I love the most. To me, summer screams flip flops, floats down the Shenandoah followed by outdoor BBQs with my favorite side, watermelon & feta salad; grapenut ice cream from Katie's & the dairy bar, nightly swims at the pool, fields of sunflowers, freshly picked tomato sandwiches, drinking from mason jars and then chasing fireflies until bedtime, front yard to farm league to MLB baseball games, the Family Drive-In, my second favorite holiday after Christmas, the Fourth of July and the fireworks, and last, but certainly not least, the Shenandoah Co. Fair!

Comments

Popular Posts