Family to Friends and Everything in Between

This momma's Friday night plans were altered because of another Mother's constant downpour throughout the day cancelling the baseball game that we had tickets for (thank you Granddaddy for those, BTW). So we opted for a M & W night. Watermelon, Worms,  Mexican, & Movie. All in that order. While the boys looked for worms for fishing, I sliced and diced more watermelon & feta for the family picnic on Saturday. Since ballpark food was no longer on the dinner menu we met up with a friend for a few chips with our salsa. By the time the last bite of the burrito was eaten, I think we were all in a soccer camp, first full week of work in awhile induced siesta and a partial viewing of Despicable Me all cuddled up on the couch was the icing on the close to a great week.

Saturday was a true gift to the McIlwee Family. As we travelled over the mountain to the farm to celebrate a man that would have turned 91 years young today, I marvelled in the sky. A sky as blue as his eyes were and how happy he would be that the majority of his family were coming together to celebrate him at his home.


Having a place to go is Home...

Having someone to love is Family...

Having Both, is a blessing!


This is how Bax rolls to a family cookout...



Thirty years ago, this was the same thing that the grandkids were doing every Sunday afternoon when our family gathered. There was always a wiffle ball game going on in Grandma's front yard. This afternoon I watched my father, the boys Granddaddy play ump, and I could only imagine that my father, aunts, and uncles must have felt this same sense of surreal-ness at one point in the transformation of passing on pastimes from generation to generation.





Cornhole


Missing two of the grandkids and their families, but still a solid turnout.

While the parents stayed behind and cleaned up, we caravanned a quarter of a mile down the road to this hidden gem. The views were breathtaking.


We were still able to get in a baseball game with the real icing on top of the cake as we celebrated Mr. Daniel's 5th birthday with multiple home runs!!
Birthday boy up to bat!





A Momma with her studs. Not sure I could be any happier with the two of them by my side. 

Sunday morning's ride was not exactly equivalent in intensity level as I am used to, however, I welcomed the views that this one gave me all while carrying a loaf of bread for our webbed feet friends. I am excited that Baxter is finally embracing his bike, so downtown we went. Along the way we had a stop by the Woodstock Police Department, fed the ducks, saw the first sunflowers of the season, and fueled up at the cafe before making the trek back home to jump in the pool!



Thank you, Tripp & Baxter. I appreciate all the beauty and joy you bring into my life.

Comments

Popular Posts