Through the lens of an almost 6 year old

Tonight, I caught Tripp in a moment. This picture rarely every happens as he is my son who is in perpetual motion. As you can see he is sitting on a rug. A rug that normally resides in the mud room as you enter from the carport. Tonight I mopped the floors and Tripp wanted to eat his moonpie that he got from Jack's birthday party. So he did me and the mop a favor by going outside to eat the yummy, yet crumb producing post dinner snack! As I poked my head outside, this is what I saw. The sight of my son, as handsome and smart as he is, made me put the mop down and embrace this little guy. It's not about the clean floors it's about him and his brother. So often in life we get so caught up in the hussle and bussle (yes, even in small town Woodstock) and forget about the important things. So, my floors will be dirty for a few more days, but oh well. Such is life with boys, right?!? Thank you, Tripp. You and your brother continue to teach me some of life's most important lessons.

Comments

Popular Posts