Heads Hit the Pillows and She Smiles


This picture is the sum of what was supposed to happen tonight. Two exhausted little guys. Two exhausted six and four year old little guys at that, who partied like rockstars the past week, ate like kings, and were spoiled as they should have been by all their friends and family. As we got home from Target and Bax's dinner celebration, boys hopped in bath and like most nights asked, "Can we have five minutes of TV, please?" As I saw the pile of cardboard boxes from the presents overflowing from the recycling bins and being that tomorow is trash day, I responded, "How about ten so mommy can take the trash out?" A in sync, "Yes!!" Followed by, "Jinx" and giggles and I dashed out the door. Within seven minutes, this is what I came in to. The sweetest sight a mother could see. Of course this meant picking two little guys up and tucking them in, but how much longer do I have of that? Where has the past six years gone? And how fast is the next year going to go by?

As I am now snuggled in my bed, with my hot tea on the night stand that also adorns the plaque that the boys got me for my birthday. The words have become a nightly phrase for many years now in our home, as I say to them each night, "Love you to the moon and back."  Tonight and every night, I count my lucky stars to have been given the best 'birthday' gifts one could ever ask for, Tripp & Baxter.

Tomorrow, I will enjoy a empty recycling bin for a few hours before dinner. I will enjoy not prepping for last minute birthday party details. But Wednesday, that's a whole other ball game...62 days until Christmas. She's Makin a list and checking it twice!! Is Tripp or Baxter going to be naughty or nice?!?

Comments

Popular Posts