Merry Christmas from the Paynters

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Santa does exist, even on the 27th of December!  

While the boys have been busy building Legos, playing the drums, spending time with godparents and family in the valley, momma was busy moving almost every last item from the Dawn Avenue house to Belvedere. Santa arrived early Saturday morning and gave us 70 degree weather on the first day of winter and I think I can speak for all that it was a pure gift considering it rained Sunday and then turned the appropriate bitter, bone chilling cold for Santa and his eight reindeer!

Saturday morning loading up on coffee and donuts! 

I spent the next few days unpacking, relaxing, and "wrapping" up the last details before the boys arrival. 

'Twas the night before our Christmas, and all through the house, not a single creature was stirring...

Finally, after days of anticipation, they came home. First stop was to see their new rooms. 

Tripp's room has a complete nautical theme with maritime flags all around the ceiling and across from his bed he has a remote control sailboat bigger than him. 


Baxter's room is decked out with vintage accessories from the wrought iron bed and old school desk to burlap trimmed curtains. The added special touch is the hot air balloons and pictures that we have taken over the years. 

Now for the event that they (and I) have been waiting for...
Come on down guys...




I am beyond blessed this holiday season. Beyond. While the boys thought that Santa brought her a washer and dryer a little early because the rest of the toys wouldn't have been able to fit on his sleigh along with the large items, another special elf had a few more projects up his sleeve and I was blown away with a gift that I will cherish for years. Just three years ago I received this print...
The boys and I had our last Thursday night dinner there this week. I didn't think that it could be done, but I received a print that means more to me than ever. 
A print of our perfect space. 

When I think of Charlottesville, I think of the train. The train chugs along by our house at least ten times a day. By now you all have received our holiday card and the picture is taken from a bridge a stone throw away from our front steps. To the right of Tripp's leg you can see the railroad and tracks.  

Hands down...best Christmas EVER!! Welcome Home boys! Momma missed you. Now go show me how many Legos you can spread out all over the house!


Comments

Popular Posts