Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Weekend

This weekend the boys and I took a road trip east to Charlottesville & Richmond.

Of course, no trip can start without a stop at our cafe to see some friendly faces & a large coffee to go!

We stopped in Charlottesville for a few stops on the mall. Rock Paper Scissor for Aunt Jamie's Sprinkle next month, then across the way to have lunch at one of my favorites places, Eppies. Boys settled for a Nutella & Fluff sandwich. For one last attempt to get some energy out, we ran to the end of the mall to the pavilion where I pinky swore I would take them to their first Avett Brothers concert this fall if they return to Charlottesville. 

We returned to the car with full bellies and drove our last hour to the Landmark Theater in Richmond where we saw Mary Poppins. I can still remember my first play as a child, My Fair Lady at the Kennedy Center and I hope the boys will remember this as fondly as I do.  



Minutes into the play, Baxter, who of course sat on my lap the entire show, turned around, hugged me and said, "This is even more better than the real Mary Poppins." Tripp who sat on the edge of his seat waiting for each song to end so he could clap with enthusiasm, thanked me over and over again. He is my musical one, singing every song he can, so I knew this would be over the top for him.



After the show, I took the boys to another landmark of Richmond, Millie's Diner. I gave them their choice of eating in a booth or in a barstool at the counter and of course, the stool it was. Amazing food!
Afterwards we checked in to the hotel, had a quick swim (and a relaxing moment in the hot tub) and settled in for a pajama party. 

The next morning was enjoyed with breakfast poolside, then we tried out a new gym where the boys got to have their own studio class and when I went to pick them up, they didn't want to leave!




To refuel, I introduced the boys to another Charlottesville favorite, Bodos Bagels.

I think someone was pretty tired!!



As we started our trip home, there were three thumbs up!! We even got home in time for a playdate at the park with Auntie Catherine, Uncle David, & baby Cam who is days away from walking.

Comments

Popular Posts