Busy Little Gardener

So the boys and I have been quite busy outside these days. Last year when we were getting the house ready to move in, Ahma and Grandaddy had removed about 8-10 (maybe even more) very large boxwoods from around the house that the roots had started to crack the foundation of the house. So while last year we were very busy making our new house a home, we neglected the yard. This year I got busy before it got too hot so we could enjoy the outdoors when the summer came.

I went to a local landscaping company and asked for a plan and what this "plan" would cost. Needless to say when I got the "estimate" I said thanks, but no thanks and got to work on it myself. I have two capable arms and legs to do this work, right?!? Well, let's just say, I did have two capable arms and legs...and back. But all the hard work was worth it and now we are enjoying our home and our yard.

My dear grandmother LOVED her flower beds and her flowers. I forgot that when she moved here she was retired with grown children and grandchildren that were 5 and 7, visiting frequently and not 2 and 4. But we dug right in!


It got quite hot from time to time


This was the front of the house last year


This is it now!!


Side of the house in front of the propane tank
Last year's back yard...


We now have a place to eat and I laid down weed block

and pebble rock around the border of the house.


Yes, that is a grapevine!

The boys got their birthday present 6 months early this year.

I couldn't find a closet big enough to hide it.

And now for a some citronella, a cold margarita (and chocolate milk of course!) and a good book and we're good to go!!

Comments

Popular Posts