Mother's Day Weekend

Our self pic
Click on the pic to see their beautiful blue eyes, a gift from their daddy.

My happy boys.


Wow! What a great weekend. It started at 4 pm when I used the gift certificate Greg got me at Spa in the Valley for a much needed first pedicure of the spring. Pretty and pink. Thank you honey!
Friday night we got a babysitter and had a much needed break from the dinner table chaos and headed to Bluestone where we devored Fried Green Tomatoes with crab meat on top (to die for), calamari, a seafood stew with shrimp, monkfish, clams, and scallops (YUMMY) and Greg had a Filet and crab cake! Oh, let us not forget the much anticipated and much enjoyed margaritas that I had been dreaming about all week. My mouth was watering as the waitress brought them to the table.

Saturday morning Tripp woke up pretty early as you read in previous posts, but it allowed me to get up and clean the house (my favorite stress reliever believe it or not). I ran a couple of errands and got ready for my night on the town with some girlfriends. Kristin arrived at the house around 5 pm and we kissed our boys (4 boys between us 2 and under) and headed down to a great bistro called B.

http://www.b-bistro.com/

At 7:45 we got to the Hippodrome where we enjoyed a fabulous show, Movin' Out.



"Five-time Grammy winner Billy Joel and legendary director and choreographer Twyla Tharp have joined forces to create the spectacular new musical Time Magazine declares "The #1 show of the year!"The New York Times calls MOVIN' OUT "a shimmering portrait of an American generation. These tornado driven dancers and rock musicians propel the audience into delirious ovations."MOVIN' OUT brings 26 Billy Joel classics to electrifying new life as it tells the story of five life-long friends over two turbulent decades. It all adds up to one unforgettable Broadway musical."

Sunday morning, Mother's Day, I was given the best gift of sleeping in until 9 am. Thank you Daddy, Tripp, and Baxter!!! At 9 o'clock I hear Tripp's sweet voice, "Wake Up Mommy! Wake up Mommy! We have coffee and donuts." I enjoyed a quick kiss from Tripp and he was off and out the front door, while I enjoyed my yummy coffee and Baxter got a little coffee in his milk :)

Ahma & Grandaddy got here around 9:30 and had a great visit and a walk down to the playground and Ahma and I darted away to the mall to pick out some new charms for our Pandora! I am officially ADDICTED!

The boys gave me another fabulous Mother's Day gift of Tripp taking a 3.5 hour nap and Baxter taking a 3 hour nap and I crawled back in bed for a 2 hour nap. Thank you boys and my body thanks you too.

Daddy & Tripp cooked fabulous chicken and baked brownies. We topped it off with a drive to TCBY where they were giving free waffle cones to all mommy's!!! In the words of Dora, "Yum, Yum, Yum, Delicioso!"


Thank you God for giving me these precious angels of yours. They are the best Mother's Day gift 365 days a year.

Comments

Popular Posts