Merry Christmas from the Paynter Family

This year I asked the boys, "Do you want to wake up at home on Christmas morning or do you want to wake up at Ahma & Grandaddy's house?" 

In sync as they always do, they looked at one another and said, "AHMA & GRANDADDY'S!!"

So with a little help from some black trash bags as my handy Santa's sack, the car was filled with goodies for two little boys and we were Woodstock bound. 

The week was spent catching up with family and friends and even some that I haven't seen since high school. It was a reunion of sorts and the week has enabled me to do exactly what I had asked Santa for...reconnect with the boys and this other favorite boy at my favorite place. 


We watched movie after movie, they helped me pick out special last minute gifts, we had meals fit for kings, and most importantly we were together.

Dad even brought out the home videos at night. The boys laughed at me while I was on the ground laughing till I cried at the videos. I was able to capture a picture to send out on Twitter to my loving, proof he was once a Virginia fan, brother while vacationing in a cabin in Yosemite. Me with my hair always in a ponytail always sporting a t-shirt from one of the many Hard Rock cafes. Bry, you were just too cool!

Wednesday night we went to mass at the church in which I was baptized and grew up in through college.


The priest called the children to the front of the church and it was precious to hear the answers they all had to say about what Christmas means to them. 


Afterwards we held hands and said a blessing over dinner and for the first time we introduced Ahma & Grandaddy to the rose and thorn ceremony. 

As Baxter asked to be excused from the table, I couldn't help but jump up from the table and snap a picture of little man finishing off his sparkling cider!


We set out the carrots and cookies and milk and our letter to Santa before calling it a night! But of course, we had to do it in style! 


Momma and her boys! I am one lucky elf!


Thursday morning...8:15...they were still asleep! How dare them?! For 8 years they have trained me to not sleep in and now on Christmas Day they do?!?!? I was making so much noise to try and get them to stir! Finally the monsters awoke!!!

The boys made out like bandits. From remote control helicopters and robots to new clothes and shoes for school. Drums like uncle piggy, a telescope to say "goodnight moon," and Lego watches to know that at 7:15 it's time to head to the bus stop!


Before...during 

And after!!
Thank you, Pop, for taking hundreds of pictures and capturing this shot. It was worth every morning of wrapping and hiding gifts and every night of setting a reminder to move Jake, our elf. 

Luckily for me, this drum set is digital and comes with headphones so it's only music to his ears!

As we close out Christmas 2014 and look forward to a brand New Year, we cannot help but reflect on all of our blessings in our life. Our family and friends that carry us through day in and day out. It is a brutiful life, but one in which I thank my lucky stars every single day. 

Merry Christmas from our home to yours! 


Comments

Popular Posts