Little Boy with Big Ideas

Happy 6th birthday to one cool dude.


Baxter,

Unlike your brother’s letter, I write to you in the morning, because that is our time. As I look at the clock, it reads 5:05 am and within the hour I will hear the pitter patter of your footsteps into my bedroom where you will look at me with the same squinted eyes, same beautiful, contagious smile, and say, “Good morning, mommy” while crawling onto the bed and into your spot right next to me.

You have brought me nothing but pure joy since the very first moment I heard your beautiful cry. A similar tear rolls down my cheek as I take myself back to the OR and watched your first breaths. Watching you grow, absorbing the world around you, inquisitive and delighted to learn, I’m reminded each day of the treasure you bring into my world.

It’s so hard to put into words my love for you, because like your brother, you are one of action, not words. As much as I try to raise you and your brother, the two of you end up raising me as well.

You are what bliss looks like in a little boy. You are dirty and messy, you snuggle and love me. I’ve witnessed your joy in every moment around you. Because of this joy … you attract friends wherever you go. Or it could be your dance moves, clothed or not, that brings all the girls to the yard!! Girls…that’s another chapter by itself. God has blessed you with good looks, a good mind, an old soul, and a sweet heart. Keep going on your journey son. Those beautiful blue eyes are the sinker for women of all ages. Your smile coupled with your laugh and infectious personality are priceless. Please use it only for good.

And I try as I might, I simply can’t all your in depth questions about how things work, how to spell a certain word, or which team is winning. That is what google is for at times!








You’re rockin’ this life so far, buddy … keep doing your thing!

I’m so very lucky to be your momma. I know I tell you that often but it is because I mean it and I can never say it enough. I am lucky, lucky, lucky to have you to love. I’m nostalgic. I now have two amazing sons who are six and eight and I couldn’t be more proud of who you both are. These are happy tears. And I promise there will be more to come just like six years ago when you were placed in my arms. Now hurry up and wake up and come give me my morning kisses!



With more love than I could ever express…Happy 6th Birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts