Motherly Confessions

Tonight I write to you from under the covers, beside two little men sound asleep, with Axle Annie, The Doorbell Rang, and Snow nestled in between. I can't sleep. I have a hand in my face. But for some reason, I'm more than okay with it.

I don't normally let the boys sleep with me. However, tonight as we sat down at the dinner table discussing our favorite parts of our day, for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I felt the urge to cheat life just a little. I literally plugged the kitchen sink up with the dinner dishes and more soap than necessary, but with hopes that tomorrow morning, all the leftovers of dinner would be washed away and I could just pop them in the dishwasher. The dishes could wait...the boys and their story telling could not.

I was guilty today. At one point I found myself wishing away their childhood, at least until they were old enough to stay home alone for a few hours unsupervised (right after I disconnected all electrical devices that had the potential to burn down the house)

Let me explain, mother nature has been brutal this winter with school closings, and well, we manage, we plead, we alter plans to get the days work done. Because, yes. Life goes on whether or not the weather is cooperative or not. So I found myself smacking my thoughts as I wished they were older. Because that is the complete opposite of what I want. I want to go back to the newborn stage. Yes, I said it. The precious moments. I want my favorite time of day, dinner time, to last for hours so I can learn more about them. So this is why I can't sleep. This is why I have T & B nestled up next to me, okay, kicking me, but with me. Because Lord knows that these days are limited. 

So I confess...and I regret...bring on the snow days...for Saturday and Sunday please!

Sweetest dreams boys. I love you to the moon and back!!

Comments

Popular Posts