First Day of school...take three!!

They (whoever "they" are) say third times a charm and I hope that for the 2013-2014 school year this is it for celebrating first days. I missed the official first day of this year while in Copenhagen, but was able to have a repeat forgive day when I returned. Now that we are "'C'ville'ians" we had our third and last first day of school this morning as the boys entered Agnor Hurt Elementary School. 

We had a restful night sleep and as I woke up my sleeping beauties this morning, Baxter whispered in his half awake/half asleep somber, "happy new year school day, mommy." 

"Yes, my sweet boy, happy it is!" 

Breakfast was waiting on the bar and the quickly got dressed and grabbed bookbags before I could even give one reminder. We (ok, they) were going to ride the bus, but this momma needs a little hand holding through this process and I delivered them to school and beyond. Ok, maybe the teachers had to give me a little hand push out the door, but I knew they were in fantastic hands, at least for four hours til I returned to have lunch :)


I showed up just in time to line up for lunch. Baxter lunch went from 11:50-12:15 and Tripp went from 12:10-12:35. It was perfect. 

As I picked them up from extended day program, the stories came full force. One after the other. 

Thank you Auntie Catherine for the bottle of sparkling welch's grape juice as we raised our glasses over dinner to a happy and successful new school year at Agnor Hurt!


Comments

Popular Posts