My Baby's Going to School


Today I signed Tripp up for preschool at Hampton Lane Child Development Center. As soon as I walked out the doors a tear streamed down my face because the realization that my little boy is growing up hits me harder and harder everyday.


On Monday we took him as an observation because the center had an opening for the 3's class and since their cut off for the 3's program was/is three by September 1, in accordance to the county schools, he technically had to be in the 2's program. After the first 20 minutes, (BEWARE-HIGH BRAGGING AREA) the director told Greg and I how impressed she was with his comfort and participation level. Now keep in mind, Monday mornings they have music class and we all know how much Tripp loves his music and dancing, that of course he fit right in and danced with all the other kids.


Today I also signed my first field trip permission slip. Where's he going? I forgot to ask, I'm sure they told me, but at that point, they were telling me a thousand things that I just said, "Where do I sign?" It won't be a first on the bus for Tripp as he has taken a few trips with Greg on the charter buses for games along with 20 some other college girls, but this will be his first trip with kids his age. I can't wait to take my first of many days off work to learn new and exciting things with my precious boys.


Comments

Popular Posts