Anniversary Letter

My mother shared a letter with me that she received in the mail to remind me how sweet & sentimental my Papa is…like I need a reminder mom!
In the 34 years that they have known each other, he has never forgotten the day they met. I thought this letter was the best reminder.
It was too sweet not to share…


It reads:
April 6, 1975

Dear Mary,
I enjoyed meeting you today.
I am arranging for this letter to reach you 34 years from this date to remember the day we met.
I am predicting the following will happen:
*You will fall madly in love with me
*We will marry on April 23, 1977 (Dad you forgot to add that your daughter will marry 28 years later on the same day!!!)
*We will live in Zepp and move to Woodstock
*We will have 2 wonderful children
*We will have grandchildren (at least 2)
*We will build our dream home and move in the summer of 2009
*You will become a successful trader
*But most importantly, we will love each other forever

Signed Doug (guy on motorcycle)

As I sit here tonight and read this, I can't help but wipe the tears away because how much I look up to my parents love and relationship. I have been given the privelege of having two sets of grandparents and parents that had amazing relationships. Thank you all for that.

I had dated many people throughout high school and college, but it was Greg that reminded me most of my father's values and love for my mother. Plus, when my parents met him, they knew I'd met my match.

Greg & Dad, I love you both very much.

Comments

Catherine Peer said…
seriously!!! that is so romantic! awww...i want to marry your dad!(or greg) :)

Popular Posts