Virtual Christmas Card...The Year 2016 in Review!

I look back at the only three posts of 2016 and then glance down at the date. December 20th, 2016...How did that happen? There was a time when I was religious about updating our family blog and the everyday events and funny things that the boys said or did. The early bedtime has been replaced with soccer practice carpool, play rehearsal, and this last year my job had me on the road more than years past. As I looked through the over two thousand pictures I took over the year, it was hard to sum up exactly what 2016 meant for our family. But if I had to pick just one, it would this picture from our trip to New York City. LOVE.

 
While our beloved Charleston was missed every step of the way in NYC, I had to add this picture. There is rarely a time in Charlottesville that you won't see the four of us together. He is definitely one of the Paynter Party of four.


This year we began and will end 2016 with this sweet Ellie bug in Hilton Head. The boys just adore her and Granddaddy has big plans to take the three of them to see Rogue One on Christmas Eve!




We left short sleeves and sixty degree weather in South Carolina for a blizzard and Charleston's experienced his first snow! Our furry four legged boy had a blast playing in the snow and chasing after snow balls, but struggled when the snow held tight to his curls!



Spring came and so did our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I believe we hit the lottery with finding our home in Belvedere and our lifetime friends that live here. As you can see, Charleston was right there helping to find the eggs!


April 15th, this sweet boy turned one!! His parents set the bar high for all birthdays to follow and hit a homerun with a party at the Frederick Keys baseball game.

It has been an absolute joy watching my best friend mother this sweet boy.


The boys made me so proud as they raised over $400 for the Tour de Cure in Easton, Maryland. Zoom in and you can see a picture of a mother and her son on my jersey. This beautiful mother happens to be the boys gym teacher, Gwen Hairston. Her son was diagnosed with Type one diabetes at 18 years old. We dedicated our ride to him and the millions fighting the fight with diabetes.

Memorial Day weekend, we packed our bags and went to the most magical place in the world (besides Charlottesville)... Disney World!!

As a mother of two very active little boys, I couldn't help but look around at all the princesses and think that I might possibly be the luckiest queen in the castle with my princes by my side. Plus, getting to meet Chewbacca at Hollywood Studies, I am still sporting my permagrin meeting that big fuzzy guy!!

June 6th, our sweet Charleston turned ONE!! Both Tripp and Baxter wore their Charleston t-shirts in his honor. We celebrated with a puppy cake from Crate and Marrow and a dinner fit for a king at Burton's Grill. Charleston has brought our family so much love the past year.
 
Upon the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year, Mommy packed her adult only bags and headed West to San Francisco with my sister from another mother, and took in the grapes and scenery of Napa Valley!

The boys spent their third summer recess with their father in Towson and a majority of time with their Pop-Pop in Ocean Isle Beach, NC. Tripp did basketball and soccer camps while Baxter thrived in a Lego camp. With work taking me to Northern Virginia, I took advantage of being close to Maryland and was able to still sneak in "date nights" with the boys and continue to cross off our concert bucket list. Shout out to the Barenaked Ladies at Pier Six!

Leave it to the boys and I to find a hot air balloon ride at Busch Gardens! We spent a hot August day with great friends at Busch Gardens! Oh how we love the thrill of roller coasters!!

August 20th, one of the boys first sitters, invited us to her wedding day, and I was able to spend my birthday in the same town in which I entered this world! The one thing that I had asked the boys for my birthday was a new family picture. Success!

This dear gem celebrated just one day before me!

And my mother took it one step farther and surprised me with the most beautiful and special hot air balloon cake! So delish! Thank you, momma!


First day of 3rd and 5th grade. Tripp's last year before heading to middle school. I swear just yesterday I was picking out his bookbag for preschool.

Tripp continued to thrive on the soccer field. He tried out and made the U12 challenge team. To my father, thank you so much for capturing these shots! I will cherish them forever.

I just love watching him on the field. He is so graceful and dedicated to the sport.

As most of you know, we are constantly adding to and crossing off our Bucket List. On October 14th, we crossed off many with a trip to New York City via the train.

And then another with getting on the Plaza at the TODAY show to see the Kings of Leon!

And last, a much long overdue Archer family reunion with our cousins!

Tripp turned double digits on October 17th

And five days later, this 8 year old beach boy asked for a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel from Bodos! So what better way of celebrating than putting a candle in it and making a wish?!?


We headed back to Bridgeforth Stadium for JMU Homecoming to celebrate a victory in the books for the Dukes!! What you can't see or may not know is that my pseudo niece is also in this picture, awaiting her purple and gold onesie in late February!

The year has been filled with many concerts from Ray Lamontagne,

to the Lumineers,

Ben Rector,

Gwen Stefani,

the Avett Brothers, and so many more!

In August I celebrated my fourth anniversary with Novo Nordisk. I am proud to say that I work for a company that is dedicated to the cure and treatment of diabetes and as of November, I have joined their efforts for patients with chronic weight management. While diabetes will always be a focus of philanthropy for me, I am grateful to work for this company and the friends that have become like a second family for us.








Our support system:
There are certain people that I could not have made it through 2016 without. This woman who turned the big 21 in February, is the boys second mom! Kelsey Sue makes it possible for me to travel for work and gives me a peace of mind knowing that they are in GREAT hands! Kelsey, you are like family and these smiles are an indication of how much we love you!! Thank you for all that you do!


These two...thirty five years and counting of being my biggest cheerleaders and strongest support staff. Mom and dad. Ahma and Granddaddy. From being here for birthdays, helping us out with Charleston, being the photographer on the sidelines and the front row, being my Santa's helpers, and dad, your one line e-mails continuing to let me know that you are thinking of us! THANK YOU!!!


And that guy stopping mid turkey carving for a Thanksgiving Selfie to send to New York and Hilton Head to our loved ones. Uncle Matt Matt. While my first cousin, he is more like a brother to me and definitely known to the boys as Uncle Matt.
 
A Star is Born...
When time for sport registration deadlines was approaching, there was no question for Tripp playing soccer. When I asked Baxter if he wanted to play, his answer was, "It's just not my thing." So the game of options started at the dinner table. Now, those of you that know Baxter, I mean, really know him, know that he can pour on the drama and pour it on...thick! It was a no brainer when we were informed about the Black Box Players community theater. BBP meet BBP! Couple that with his English accent and he was cast as Tiny Tim in the Christmas Carol. I can only speak for my experience as a parent both on the sidelines of the soccer field and now in the front row of a theater. My God I am proud of these boys and what they have shown me they are capable of doing. Baxter sold over 79 tickets for the plays and won the ticket contest. Be on the lookout for the Wizard of Oz in the spring!!!

It truly is the most wonderful time of year. I was able to reserve a week of vacation days and the boys and I are spending quality time together. We had front row seats at the Moscow Ballet Nutracker and Baxter is rolling up his sleeves in the kitchen of Bella's to cook us dinner. We are headed south to Savannah for two days and then closing out the year in Hilton Head with Uncle Piggy, Aunt Jessie, Ellie, and Ahma and Granddaddy!

Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is for these three smiles to continue in 2017. We are truly blessed with love and support from family and friends.

As I stay true to my promise of only spending an hour on the computer on Christmas vacation, I must close out 2016 with wishing each and every one of you, the Merriest Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

We love you all!
XOXO
Amy, Tripp, Baxter, and Charleston

Comments

Popular Posts