Seven and A HALF!

And the half counts!
The traditions that we started many moons ago and continue to live by are what continue to make our bond strong.

Today...into tonight, we celebrated Tripp's half birthday. Phew, we made it another six months!

As you can see, Tripp has started to blossom into this amazing, handsome, beautiful young man. Of course he still has the silly conversations that make their way home to the dinner table. I still have to give him the constant reminders that a tuckered out little guy needs at night or even early in the morning, but he has proven to me and everyone else that he is worthy of wearing the badge, "Man of the House," and wears it proudly.

Trippy, and yes, I can still call you that, thank you. Thank you for all that you do for me and mean to me. Thank you for being so stubborn and never giving up. Thank you for proving me wrong every. single. soliltary. night when you breeze through your homework and get every equation right. You are so much smarter than I. Thank you for loving brussel sprouts and ordering some for us to share tonight. You amaze me. Thank you for having one of the largest hearts that wants to include anyone and everyone in our plans. At times I want to be so selfish with my time with the two of you. I miss you both terribly when I'm away from you.

So let us raise our freshly squeezed lemonade that you ordered tonight at Pasture, and cheers to many, many more half birthdays. May we always cherish these moments together and look back to where we have been and how much we have to look forward to.

I love you little man. To the moon, Madagascar, and certainly back.

Love,
Momma


Comments

Popular Posts