Baxter's 1st Stiches

Tonight while I was visiting Jamie, Mike, and baby Rylan at Rockingham Memorial Hospital, granddaddy did me a favor by picking the boys up from Valley Baptist. Catherine, David, and I got to the hospital around 5:15 to be the visiting hour rush and enjoy a little bit of a friend reunion with a new addition!!! Baby Rylan is precious! At 5:30 my phone rang and it was dad...What could this mean??


When I answered the phone, I hear the horror screams of Baxter in the background. Dad informed me that Baxter had fallen into a vase at Aunt Shelby's. I told him I was on my way and he said, "Ummmm, Amy, we'll come to you. He's going to need stitches." So as I was prepared to comfort Jamie as she just became a new mom of a son, I was the one in a total panic. I said my goodbyes and Catherine and David stayed with me while I paced back and forth looking and waiting for my dad to arrive in the ER.


Once they got there, I could see that Tripp had been crying. Baxter of course was crying, but once he was in my arms he was fine. Tripp immediately admitted that he did push Baxter into the vase. I told him that we would talk about it later, but at this point we were going to have to fix Baxter's boo boo (yes, in a time of crisis, you still have a little bit of baby talk in there).


To make a long story and a long night short, Baxter, my dad, and I were sent over to UVA to see a pediatric plastic surgeon and Tripp had a fun sleepover with Auntie Catherine, Uncle David, and Stuey.


Sixteen stitches later, we were sent home with a very tired little boy at 3 am. The doc assured me that this would not be the last time I see the ER with boys.










Comments

Popular Posts