"What's a Daughter?"

So tonight when the boys and I met up at our regular meeting place in Charles Town, we were so pleasantly surprised with to unexpected travelers, Ahma and Granddaddy!!!! They were on their way to Annapolis to moms doc and the boys were so excited to see them. So while taking the mini pit-stop Grandaddy bought us all a chocolate chip cookie. After we all got locked and loaded in the car and on our way home, I started to eat my cookie while the boys sat back and watch Yogi Bear! Baxter is in his one million questions a day stage and he looked at me and said, "Why did grandaddy buy you a cookie?" I said, "Because he loves me and I'm his daughter." With that sweet, confused, look on his face you could just see the wheels turning. He says, "What's a daughter?" I said, "Well, I'm Ahma and Grandaddy's daughter, just like you and Trippy are my sons." That oh so famous Baxter laugh showed up and he said, "Mommy, you so silly. I'm not your son. I'm your baby!!!" To which I responded, "Yes Baxter, that you are my baby. That you are!!"

Comments

Popular Posts