Two Week Update


Baxter returned to the pediatrician for the first time since leaving the hospital and Dr. Lake walked in saying, "All I asked was to get him back to his birth weight and you give me three ounces to spare. Good Job!" Baxter weighed in at 7 lbs. 11.5 ounces (30th percentile), his height remained the same at 20 1/2 inches (50%) and his head circumference grew a centimeter from 36 to 37 (50%). Afterwards we went to get his follow-up PKU test where the lab technician had to draw blood from his heel. As we stood there, the technician said, "This can't be your first, you're way too calm." She was right, two years ago I was bawling my head off, having to leave the office because I couldn't stand to see or hear Tripp cry in pain. And this time, I actually found myself almost laughing because Bax was crying so much and we realized that this was one of the first times that we had actually heard him cry!!

Comments

Popular Posts